Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Seagate Acquired Maxtor (I didn't know...)

Of course! I should have known better!

The press release is dated December 21, 2005; long long time ago. I feel like I was in hibernation by "carbon-freezing".

Anyways, I used to buy parts and build my own PC. Which means I used to buy bare bone hard disk drives (HDD) as well. But for almost 2 years, I have been away from DIY PC or any purchase of PC parts. Then recently, I started thinking of buying an external HDD so I was looking around and realized; Maxtor is gone...

I just haven't been aware of many things going on in the computer hardware industry. No wonder I haven't heard people say anything about Maxtor drives!

FYI, like many say, I too from my experience recommend Seagate if by any chance you will be buying a bare bone drive. Maxtor was good too, but now they are the same company, so that's great!

No comments: