Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Apple Chooses Design Over Ergonomics (new keyboard)

Along with the new iMac, Apple released keyboards that match the aluminum design. Wired full keyboard at $49 and a wireless keyboard without the 10-key at $79. Click on the title for more details.

Yes, it looks cool. No, it does not look comfortable. Where did that nice curve go? Well, I guess it's not a big deal anymore. People probably got used to the flat keyboard on laptops and cheap keyboards that come along with many desktop computers. Keyboards used to be better in the older days. At least that's what I think...

For comparison, this is what the previous Apple Keyboard looked like.Oh BTW, Apple did NOT release a new mouse that matches the new aluminum keyboard. Maybe the hardware testers were getting cuts from the sharp metal edges and Apple had to postpone the release.

Sorry, I don't mean to be mean. I know Apple is going to do a Steve job. I mean a good job...

No comments: